Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY)
We highly recommend Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) account to all having a Girl child (up to 10 years of age) to open this account. This account can be opened in any Post Office or a nationalised Bank branch-like SBI, ICICI, etc.
₹1,50,000 invested every year will become more than ₹45 Lacs in 15 years. (All Tax Free)?
Min. Investment – ₹250 in a financial year
Max. Investment – ₹1,50,000 in a financial year
- Tax Free interest (currently 8.4% p.a.). This is the best risk & tax-free return one can ever get.
- Deduction on the amount deposited u/s 80C of Income Tax Act, 1961
Other Details –
- Two different accounts can be opened for two girl child under this scheme.
- The maximum period of deposit is 15 years from the date of opening of the account.
- The account can be closed after 21 years from the date of opening of the account.
- The full amount can be withdrawn for the marriage of the girl after attaining the age of 18 years, and
- Up to 50% withdrawal is allowed for higher education.
- SSY Account Opening Form
- Birth Certificate of the Girl Child (mandatory)
- Identity proof
- Residence proof